@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;}

Darker than the image on the wall

Photobucket

Like many women with a sentimental side, I have a certain deep love for overly romantic Gothic novels. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has imagined myself as Emily St. Aubert (well, I know Catherine Morland did), and these photos from Taki Bibelas' "Paris Nouvelle Vague" editorial from the September Marie Clair Italy appealed to this hidden desire of my soul. Ghostly with other-worldly swirls of light enveloping the model, it is as if a Gothic heroine has been sucked up in a tornado and deposited in a palladium-toned version of our world. The other photos in this editorial are equally beautiful, but are much more in keeping with the 'Nouvelle Vague' theme- arty disenchantment and disillusionment in Paris. The two that I've shown here stand out from the others due to their unmistakable sense of melancholy and of history, and make me eager to see what this photographer could do when let wild on Strawberry Hill.

Photobucket

Labels: , , ,